- Minimum Mortgage €50,000
- Maximum Mortgage €1m
- Maximum portfolio of 3 properties financed by Ulster Bank within a total portfolio of 5 properties (excluding the main family residence). The total UB portfolio must not exceed €1m, excluding the main family residence.
Loan to Value
- Up to 70% LTV (in cities Dublin, Galway, Limerick and Cork, Including commuter areas as follows; Dublin and surrounding commuter towns within a 30 mile radius e.g. Drogheda, Ashbourne, Dunshaughlin, Maynooth, Newbridge, Naas, Bray ) Maximum 50% LTV for properties in all other locations in ROI.
- Minimum of 5 years
- Maximum of 25 years
- Capital and interest installments during the term
- Interest only is not available for Investment Mortgages
- Option to increase monthly repayments.
Please refer to the Residential Mortgage page for affordability criteria. An assessment of the rental income proposed should be made based on similar properties in the area. The proposed rental income should be supported by a letter from the local auctioneer.
Borrower's equity input
Please refer to the Residential Mortgage criteria for details on borrower's equity input
Evidence of income
Please see the Residential Mortgage criteria for details on evidence of income.
- Should consist of a first legal charge over the property being acquired and financed.
- A suitable valuation of the property must be obtained (see guidelines below).
*Professional Valuation to be carried out by a valuer from the Bank’s panel of professionally qualified valuers. The valuation should be undertaken to RICS / IAVI / IPAV / IAPA guidelines and addressed to the Bank.